A very special thanks to Golden's Deli for hosting the show and displaying the work and to Surly Brewing Co. for sponsoring the show by providing beer for the opening.
This project began on Jan 1, 2011 with the goal to create a sketch every day for a year. The idea was to try out many different ideas, techniques, and media—a sort of scattershot approach to idea generation and learning.
From type studies and logo redesigns to illustrations of hands and sea horses, each sketch was conceived, created, and published in one day. Some of these sketches hit the mark, and some definitely didn't, but the point was not to make perfectly refined, polished work, the point was to be working and practicing everyday.
This collection is not only a documentation of my expirementation and practice with different techniques and ideas, but it is a documentation of my thoughts, experiences and inspirations throughout the year.
This show is dedicated to making resolutions and sticking to them, and to the friends and family who have supported me throughout the past year (even when I'm drawing zombies puking rainbows!).
Parking + Directions
The work will be on display at Golden's Deli in Lowertown at the Northwestern Building 275 East 4th Street, Suite 102, Saint Paul, MN 55101.
Parking will be available right next to the Northwestern Building at the Farmer's Market in addition to metered street parking.
Please click here for specific directions and information about parking.
When + Where
Help me celebrate the completion of my Sketch of the Day project and come out to the opening event at Golden's Deli on Jan 14th, 2012 from 6:00-9:00 pm to see a showing of all 365 sketches!
The opening will have free beer provided by Surly as well as wine and appetizers.
Feel free to invite friends and family, the more the merrier! Click here to visit the Facebook event page and invite them!
For those of you who can't make it, there will be a live stream of the opening available online and the work will be be on display throughout January and February, so stop by when you can to check it out!
Click on a thumbnail above to walkthrough the check out process.
Important Note: When purchasing a card, click and drag on the image in the card preview to change how the image is cropped.
Signed, Framed Prints
Please contact me at: email@example.com if you would like to purchase a signed, framed print for $125.
Buy Prints Online
- Simply scroll down and click on an image you'd like to purchase.
- When the image pops up, click on one of the 4 options below the image: "Buy Print", "Buy Card", "Download", or "Email + Share".
- Once an option is selected, the Fotomoto shopping window will pop-up. In the case of "Buy Print", simply select the type of print you want, the size, and the paper-type.
- Click the "Add to Cart" button in the lower right corner.
- You will now see the item in your shopping cart.
- At this point you can continue to browse and shop by selecting "Continue Shopping" in the lower left corner, or you can choose to check out by selecting the "Check Out" button in the bottom right corner.
- If you select "Check Out" you will be guided through Fotomoto's secure checkout process. Selecting "Continue Shopping" will allow you to continue browsing images and adding prints to your cart. Once you have an item or items in you cart, you can get back to the Fotomoto shopping window at any time by clicking on the shopping cart that will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.